Installation & Survey
Payment & Delivery
A. 50% down payment is required with your order, with a 50% payment required before delivery.
A. Our enhanced home door is a bespoke product, manufactured to your requirements, it can be delivered in 8 weeks to 12 weeks depending on the options that you have selected.
A. We can deliver your new Enhanced Home Door for free within a 50-mile radius of our Huddersfield factory. Deliveries outside this area are chargeable and do vary depending on location. We would recommend calling our customer services team on 03330 112299 for further information.
A. On receipt of your order , you can expect an email or written confirmation of your order requirements. You will be given a account manager and once manufacturing starts here in our West Yorkshire factory, we will provide you with further updates and schedule a delivery timeslot that is convenient for you. Feel free to contact us at any stage to check on the progress of your door.
A. Please refer to the customer complaints section of our terms and conditions.
Cleaning & Maintenance
A. Yes, there is some adjustment in the hinges and lock keeps. Instructions will be provided in our installation pack that you will receive when the door is delivered.
A. Yes, we would recommend all our door products are maintained in accordance with the maintenance instructions provided at the point of purchase.
- Doors should always be opened and closed in accordance with operating instructions. If you have misplaced the operating instructions, please contact us and we’ll be happy to replace them.
- Hinges and locking mechanisms should be lubricated periodically to minimize wear and to ensure smooth operations.
- In carrying out regular maintenance outside, the internal surfaces are frequently neglected. After a period of time, grime can discolour the inside of the frame and it is recommended that these should be cleaned regularly. Due to the marine coating on your door, would recommend a monthly cleaning interval.
- Wash down with clean warm water containing a non-alkaline liquid detergent (in a concentration which can be handled safely with bare hands) using a non-abrasive cloth, sponge or soft bristle brush. This will remove grime, grease, and any excess chalking. All ridges, grooves, joints, and drainage channels where salt or other deposits can collect should be well washed out, thus preventing corrosion sites from occurring!
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- Dry using a soft cloth or leather.
- Where a reduction in gloss is observed, chalking is evident or excessive staining has occurred, then an approved renovating cream may be carefully applied with a nonabrasive cloth.
- Care must be taken not to abrade sharp corners of section or aris of beads too heavily where the paint film is normally thinner, and it should be remembered that this operation should not be carried out too frequently.
- Polish with a soft cloth to restore gloss and colour uniformity.
- For extra protection, a wax polish can be applied once or twice a year again polishing with a soft cloth to restore the glass.
DORTECH products have been manufactured to give long and trouble-free service. Regular inspection of the door closer system and its accessories by a competent specialist organisation ensure that any necessary adjustments are made, and you get the very best from our products.
The scope and frequency of inspection will depend on the type, frequency or use, and operating conditions of the door closer system involved. Under conditions of normal usage however, the Company considers that at least an annual inspection, test and maintenance schedule should be carried out as follows.
- Inspection of safety relevant components of the door closer system and it’s accessories to determine continued safety of fixings and the extent of any wear which may have taken place.
- Checking of the closing speed and any other hydraulic functions and adjusting the setting if required.
- Lubrication of relevant moving parts including the door hinges and latch.
- Checking for ease of door operation.
- Checking of special accessories particularly hold-open devices whether or not electro-mechanical in operation.
- Replacement parts as necessary using only parts/components manufactured or approved by the company.
During maintenance work specialist organisations should ensure that only safe and suitable cleaning agents are used which contain no corrosive or damaging constituents likely to damage components of the door closer system. In order to maintain the appearance of DORTECH high quality finishes, the company suggests that they are wiped clean of dust and dirt as necessary with a soft cloth. Do not use abrasive cleaners or metal polishes.
If a door closer system shows signs of malfunction a competent specialist organisation should be called in to perform the necessary checks and component replacement.
If the closer is not performing as required, contact Dortech Doors at the following address
Unit 3 Fieldhouse Business Park,
Old Fieldhouse Lane,
Tel 03330 112299
A. Dortech’s Enhanced Home Door is security tested to Q-Mark standards. Q-Mark accreditation is a recognised Secure by Design accreditation (PAS24:2012 for Windows and Doors). Secured by Design has been developed by the Association of Chief Police Officers Crime Prevention Initiatives (ACPO CPI Ltd) and is the group name for a number of national Police projects focused on the design and security for new and refurbished homes, commercial premises and car parks, as well as the acknowledgment of quality security products and crime prevention projects. The principles of the scheme have been proven to reduce the risk of crime and the fear of crime.
In essence, this is your guarantee that the production of the door you are purchasing is being monitored by a UKAS accredited certification body to ensure compliance with PAS 24:2016 Enhanced security performance requirements for doors and windows in the UK. External doors and windows intended to offer a level of security suitable for dwellings and other buildings exposed to comparable risk and the specific and the relevant material specific standard for general performance referenced in BS 6375 Parts 1, 2, and 3.
Further information about Dortech accreditation can be found here: https://www.bmtrada.com/
Connexis Smart Lock: 3 electronic fobs will be delivered with your doors. Others can be provided at a cost and are available through www.dortechdirect.co.uk.
Push/Pull Handle with high-security lock: 3 keys are provided with your door upon delivery.